Discover the all new, bigger and bolder London Dungeon now next to the EDF Energy London Eye. With a full cast of 20 brilliant actors in 18 new shows, rich sets, special effects and 2 new exciting rides, we’ll take you on a unique 90 minute thrill-filled journey through 1000 years of London’s murky past. First Day at the new venue? Now Open!
Discover the all new, bigger and bolder London Dungeon now next to the EDF Energy London Eye.
With a full cast of 20 brilliant actors in 18 new shows, rich sets, special effects and 2 new exciting rides, we’ll take you on a unique 90 minute thrill-filled journey through 1000 years of London’s murky past. First Day at the new venue?
It took a team of over 300 hundred people to bring to life the new London Dungeon including more than 100 builders from 43 different trades, designers, engineers, script writers, theatre directors, costume designers, make up artists and comedy consultants.
The new attraction is more than a third bigger than the old venue and over 90 minutes delivers 1000 years of history in 18 shows performed by 20 actors with plenty of shocks and surprises and two state of the art thrill rides.
· 20,000 litres of recycled water from the River Thames were pumped into the bowels of County Hall to fill the fast flowing boat ride, Henry’s Wrath.
· Giant precision cutting blades were needed to break through solid six foot thick walls to create some of the new show spaces including a lofty 16 metre tall, 14 metre wide recreation of London's medieval city gates.
· And builders bored through three stories to literally drop the deadly dark drop ride, aptly named Drop Dead, in place.
· The stunningly realistic cadaver in the Surgeon’s operating theatre cost over £10,000 to make and each hair is individually inserted.
· Over 100 disgustingly realistic fake poos have been created for the new gong farmer (that's a medieval poo collector) to throw at the guests in his show. (With an additional 100 spare in case of souvenir hunters!)
· Legendary British actor Brain Blessed, will play murderous monarch, Henry the VIII for the very first time ever on film when he appears virtually via a high-tech 3D projection.
· 13 replica skulls are featured throughout the attraction, along with a healthy smattering of full skeletons and severed limbs.
· There are 593 tiny metal spikes in the torture chair in the torture chamber and the resident torturer has 76 torture implements at his disposal.
· A damp dungeon atmosphere permeates through the attraction with ceilings that have been specially created to drip.
· 35 nooses hang from the noose room ceiling, 26 rusty keys jangle in the Jailor's room and 187 tankards and glasses line the shelves of the Ten Bells Pub.
· Over 80 metres of mirrors make up the Whitechapel Labyrinth where Jack the Ripper is on the loose.
· 38 rats and 11 giant cockroaches (yes live ones!) live in their specially build homes in the corridor of misdemeanours.
· Over 300 props from the original Tooley Street attraction were sold at a London Car Boot Sale the weekend after the site closed selling out in thirty minutes and raising nearly £3,000 for charity.
· Over 26 smells have been created for the Dungeon with scents including ‘plague’, ‘rat’, ‘faeces’, ‘rotten food’ and ‘dirty Thames water’
Buy tickets at the Blue Box Area: twenty-four seven!
Don't like buying online?.. Tel: 01400 230168 (9am- 7pm)
Come face to whisker with his furry friends at the dinner table but watch out these rats are hungry and they might just want you for dinner! Escape them and explore further, surrounded by the sights and sounds of thousands of scuttling rodents, who knows who or what lurks around the corner... Find out yourself only at The London Dungeon.
Buy up to 14 tickets here online at the "Blue Box Area" (above).
For 15 or more tickets please telephone 01400 230168 (please give 7 days notice to buy 15 or more)